WRS serves Alabama, Mississippi, parts of Georgia, Tennessee and Louisiana
Thinking about adopting a Weim?
Want to know if you have what it takes?
Here is a great article for potential adoptive families to read to determine if they are ready to take the plunge and adopt a Weimaraner. Weims are loving, wonderful pets, but they are not a great match for everyone. Click Here to see if you are up for the challenge of being a new Weim owner!!
Our primary goal is to match the personality of the dog with the personality of the adoptive family, resulting in a permanent and loving home for the dog. Our rescues are NOT adopted on a first come, first serve basis. Applicants cannot 'HOLD' a dog with down payments. On average, it takes 3 -4 weeks to complete the application process, but it may take longer to find the right fit for your family. If you are looking for a young female Weim who is both child and cat friendly, your adoption request will take longer to fill. We take great measures to pair the right Weim with your family and lifestyle, hopefully guaranteeing a successful placement. We feel the right Weimaraner is worth waiting for!
Each dog offered for adoption has been spayed or neutered, is current on all shots, has been heartworm tested and is on heartworm prevention.
An adoption fee of $300 is required for adult dogs. While rarely available, puppies under the age of 6 months have an adoption fee of $375, plus a $100 refundable spay/neuter deposit. Senior dogs (age 9+) have an adoption fee of $225. These fees help cover the cost of veterinary care and other related expenses.
Weimaraner Rescue of the South is a strong advocate of responsible pet ownership which includes and is not limited to: monthly heartworm prevention, annual vaccinations, and spay/neuter of all current pets. Any person/persons applying to adopt who does not meet the responsible pet ownership requirements set forth by Weimaraner Rescue of the South will have their application for adoption denied. Weimaraner Rescue of the South rarely places dogs into homes without a fenced yard.
Adoption Information and Application (Application process may take up to 4 weeks)
Interested in adopting one of OUR wonderful dogs?
Just follow these simple steps:
- Fill out and submit the online application (link to application found at the bottom of this page).
- The adoption coordinator in your area will contact you within a couple of days of receipt of your application.
- After reviewing the application and checking references, the rescue adoption coordinator will contact you and schedule a telephone interview with a volunteer.
- A home visit will be scheduled to ensure that you can provide a safe, loving home where the dog will be treated as a member of the family.
- The adoption committee will review all aspects of the adoption process and make their recommendation by compiling a list of Weims that best suits your lifestyle, home environment and family situation.
WRS feelS the right WEIM is worth waiting for!
Select a WEIM to learn more:
WRS takes great measures to pair the right Weim with your family and lifestyle hopefully guaranteeing a successful placement. WRS feels the right Weimaraner is worth waiting for!